Saturday 19 January 2013

Talking Writing With My Daughter

Greetings all. This week I have been visiting my youngest daughter and her family. It has been an absolutely wonderful. Beading, drawing, building castles, dressing up, dancing, coloring, reading stories and the list goes on. And midst it all the daughter and I have written. She is working on a YA novel. She has read bits of the first draft to me and oh my, it's good. Gritty.  Voice all over the place. Yes, I am biased. But, I have also read a lot of issue driven contemporary YA and I know good when I hear it. And this is only the first draft she is working on!

So, all of our talking back and forth about writing led to her thinking she'd like to interview me for her blog. Sure, I said. We sat down and here is the result:

Interview attempt #1: Talking with Deb Marshall « The Dissocial Mom

Hope you have a chance to check it out. Happy Saturday and...Happy Writing!

10 comments:

  1. What a blessing your daughter has to have a Mom cheering her on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And the blessing goes both ways so I am a very lucky one too!

      Delete
  2. So awesome Deb that your daughter and you share writing. Off to read the interview.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natalie...I love that we can share in the love of writing!

      Delete
  3. Great interview, D, and I loved the humorous tone! How cool that both of you share the love of writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having trouble with the link for some reason (will try again later), but the interview sounds great~ love that your daughter is a writer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like fun. On my way to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the interview because I think a daughter interview her mother is a wonderful thing. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you have a chance to visit your daughter! And what fun to share writing time together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know those blessings firsthand -- I also enjoy a wonderful family AND a writing daughter. I'm off to check out your interview now. :)

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...