Tuesday 4 January 2011

Three Reads and a Contest-Tuesday

Adventures in children’s publishing lists the new releases for this week. Includes an interview with Cynthia Hand author of UNEARTHLY. A great book to recommend to teens who enjoy paranormal and/or urban fantasy romance. And for writers, a _great_ book to read to see how a great page turner with back story through out can be done and be done really really well.

In Stores This Week (with Interviews & Giveaways)

For me, just an all around timely post. I am still figuring out the whole blogging thing. Right now trying to take the pressure off and just learn about it all. That’s how I figure things out, by doing them. The focus I seem to be leaning towards is reading/reviewing. But, I am not a book reviewer. There are many out there who already do this and do it well. So. If I do end up learning and taking that path, I need to give it my own spin. A book talker is what I am. Years ago when prepping for presentations to schools I read books with a book talkers eyes. How would I talk about this book, what passages would I read to hook kids in and make them want to come to the library to sign it out. So, I think that will be where I head with the blogging/talking about the books I’m reading this year.

Elle Strauss: What Kind of Blogger Are You? (And My Own Identity Crisis)

A read and a CONTEST with a twist that I love.

Just Your Typical Book Blog: The Contemps Challenge - Part Deux!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deb! Sounds like a good book. Cynthia is a great gal. :)

    Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...