Sunday 9 January 2011

Off the Shelf Reading Challenge

Off The Shelf!
I am joining this. Am I going into reading challenge overload? Not yet. I chose to do TEMPTED. That is I am going to pick five books off my shelve that I will read this year, books that have been waiting for me to get to them. They will all be writing related, either the writer's journey, the craft of writing or writing inspiration. 
  1. Anne Lamont-Bird by Bird
  2. The Right to Write-Julia Cameron
  3. Plot and Structure : Techniques And Exercises For Crafting A Plot That Grips Readers From Start To Finish - James Scott Bell
  4. Writer's Journey : Mythic Structure for Writers - Christopher Vogler
  5. The War of Art-Steven Pressfield

3 comments:

  1. I remember reading BIRD BY BIRD in college for a writing class - I really enjoy Anne Lamott's writing. THE WAR OF ART sounds really interesting. I'll have to check that one out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne Lamont's book is good. I'm sure the JSB one will be good since I took his workshop in Surrey. I'll be interested to hear your recommendations on the others. That's a good challenge - I have three books about writing on my to-be-read shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think I'll make Anne Lamont's my first read, then! Thanks Beth and Jan.

    Yes, Jan, I remember seeing that he was the replacement speaker for Donald Maass--not bad!

    Will be sure to post what I think of the others.

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...