Sunday 6 November 2016

My Writing and Book Clubs and NANOWRIMO

I am spending the month NANOWRIMO-ing with the students in my writing and book clubs and just have to stop mid trying to write today to say how awesome they are. Yesterday we hosted and read and write in after school. We read and wrote for three hours. Their focus and commitment inspired me and that is what I am using today to get me writing something/anything. Recalling the sounds of keys tapping, pages turn and the occasional crunch and chew of the provided snacks is helping and putting a smile on my face.

After school this Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I will be staying at in Learning Commons until 5:00 o'clock each day and have invited my NANOWRIMO-er's to stay and write, too. Heck, if there are students looking for a space to relax and catch up on homework or just looking for a nice space to just sit and read they are invited, too. As are teachers who may be marking and who are wanting a change of space. Is this a master plan for us to grow the numbers of our club? What? Moi? Do something like that?

As I continue to find search out my writer self and figure out where the heck she went to and who she became I count myself rather lucky to work with the Cobra Writing and Book Clubs of WCCHS. Inspiring is a word that comes to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...