Sunday 5 January 2014

MMGM-Losing it by Erin M. Fry

Losing ItLosing It by Erin M. Fry

Bennett and his Dad have, without realizing, buried their grief over the death of Bennet's mother under a mountain of unhealthy eating. It is not until his dad ends up in the hospital fighting for his life that Bennett will begin the fight for his own life. And it is not about his own obesity but about finding a way to truly carry on and be everything you can in spite of the sadness that can weigh you down. It is also about doing it in spite of others think of you, even I those others are the very family taking care of you while your dad is in hospital. I found myself pulled in immediately by Bennett's voice which the author captured perfectly and then I was kept in the story by Bennett's heart. He is one likeable kid that middle grade readers will relate too. He is funny, he is believable and cannot help but cheer him on when he starts cross country racing. Combine that with how the plot and secondary characters are developed and you have a a novel that hits the sweet spot of middle grade with a wide range of readers you can recommend it to, boys and girls included.

One of my favourites from 2013. Happy MMGM and Happy New Year all it sure is good to be back in the land of blog.

More MMGM love.




6 comments:

  1. This one sounds terrific. Thanks for telling me about it. I am putting it on my TBR list right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rosi...this really was a great one. Glad you are putting it on your TBR. Sorry for the loooong time in replying. Nice to see you!

      Delete
  2. Welcome back to the land of blog, and Happy New Year! I like that this book appeals to boys and girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey and howdy and thanks for the welcome back! Course I went and fell out of touch after this post, but am thinking that this time for sure I got my groove back. A belated thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Such an interesting take on grief. This sounds like a great one!

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...