Monday 1 July 2013

Happy Canada Day and Marvelous Middle Grade Monday

Wishing all of my family and fellow Canadians a happy Canada Day. Will be spending the day with family and friends taking in some of the events in our wee town!

My summer reading is moving right  along I must say and my reading pile is slowly going down. Also working my way through many a net galley ARC! Having said that what I am falling behind in is my blogging and writing. So this week there is no blog post for MMGM and I am thinking that it is time to....gads...choose which one will get my focus this summer. Had I taken a page from some fellow bloggers and done posts up ahead of time this would not have been a choice I had to make. So will be using that page next summer for sure. And the choice goes to...

writing. Working on those picture books and that novel. Taking part in #teacherswrite.

I know I am going to miss the blogging and sharing what I am loving to read. Heck, I may not be able to stay away. But, ta for now and will see you all on twitter and your blogs as I make the rounds to see what you are all up to!

Finally, when I do start posting the book love I should have a new blog that will be dedicated to being a school librarian, the books I read, the books I share.  I imagine I will also be learning a thing or two from the kids I work with!

17 comments:

  1. Happy Canada Day and happy summer writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Canada Day and Summer writing!
    See you soon.

    ~Akoss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And may see you sooner than later---!

      Delete
  3. Happy Canada Day! Hope you get lots of writing done this summer and still come visit our blogs. Be sure to let us know when you start up again on this blog or a new one. I love seeing what books you're reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie! Looking forward to getting back into the swing of writing things. And absolutely on making the blog rounds!

      Delete
  4. Have a fun Canada day! I don't blame you in the least for making writing your priority. I'm going to do the same thing in a few weeks. I'll look forward to your librarian perspective. Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks on the day. It was fun for sure. Same to you on the summer!

      Delete
  5. Happy Canada Day! I hope to be back next Monday with a MMGM pick, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to seeing your pick for next week. Canada Day was fun, fun I must say.

      Delete
  6. I took last summer off blogging. Happy writing and hope to "see" you again soon!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've cut my blogging in half for the summer -- posting every other week for awhile. Wish I were using the time to write, but I've been traveling and now am expecting guests from Germany who will be here for almost two weeks. MAYBE I will get to write something this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and Happy Canada Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm right there with you on blogging!!! Have a great summer! Can't wait to see the new blog :)

    ReplyDelete

#ReadtheNorth

Over the last while there has been a hashtag you may have seen about called Read the North. It's a campaign encouraging people to read C...